Line of Departure

Musings of a US Army reservist and China expat deployed to Iraq

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 77: Few images from the Iraqi Army






Short post -- got back from my trip, this time, didn't take 7 attempts, just one, and I walked into the passenger terminal and directly onto the waiting helicopter. Of course, that was only because I was in the Deputy General's party... life is a little different when you have those stars on your collar.

Little more excitement this trip -- our living area got rocketed (wasn't close to where I was sleeping), chopper got shot at, and the electricity went out, so I spent one night sweating my ass off and wishing I was dead. I somehow attracted some sort of insect, so had what looked to be about 80 bites on me -- turns out it was some sort of allergic reaction.

The complaints of the Iraqi locals about the electricity not being reliable becomes a lot more real when you are laying a pool of your own sweat, hoping it is daylight soon, but also not wanting it to be because it will be hotter...

No comments:

Post a Comment