Line of Departure

Musings of a US Army reservist and China expat deployed to Iraq

Friday, July 3, 2009

Say it loud! I'm American and I'm proud!

Happy 4th of July everyone, especially my Yankee friends living overseas.  Get those MC Hammer pants out (you know, the ones with the flag screen-printed on them.)  Match them with a Three Wolf Moon t-shirt (http://www.amazon.com/Three-Official-T-Shirt-Cotton-Sleeve/dp/B000NZW3IY) and show the locals who's the ugly American. 
 
What did you do today for the holiday weekend???

1 comment:

  1. Few days past, but I'm going to respond to Maj C's call, "I'm proud that I'm an American"..albeit a naturalized American. Having been here nearly half of a century, enjoying the freedom of this land. Every July 4, I'm more appreciative. Freedom has a price. The Boat People in my adult class told me how deeply they appreciate the American armed forces for trying to stem the advance of Communism; the German IST kids told me they really thank the Americans for saving Germany from Hitler's Third Reich. I hope the Iraqi's will do the same for the freedom now, as compared with Saddam's dictatorship not long ago. So heroic is America; history has it that we always stands for justice, honor and humanity.

    This reminds me 17 years ago, you're addressing your high school graduating class in your valedictorian speech , "Stand up and repeat after me. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." The affirmation you made every graduate say: to step out in life, take the risk and grab a share of glory, you fulfilled it amply in the 17 years of your own life. And now you're doing it all over again IN IRAQ. Proud of you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete