Line of Departure

Musings of a US Army reservist and China expat deployed to Iraq

Monday, August 17, 2009

She's so romantic, that wife of mine

I woke up today, day like any other except that I had a text message saying, "Happy Anniversary!" That Sarah....she really knows how to melt a guy's heart...

So, this is probably the 3rd anniversary we've spent apart. Kind of a miserable day actually -- was supposed to have hopped on a flight to get to Qatar for a 4 day pass, but apparently the plane was last night and no one mentioned the news to any of the 18 people scheduled to be on it. Welcome to the Army, please sit down and shut up.

So, we'll try again tomorrow. At least I didn't waste any time sitting in some hot passenger terminal waiting for a bird that might or might not show. Unfortunately, I figured I'd be doing a lot of waiting, so I was up late last night and didn't get a lot of sleep.

So dear, if you die, I will not flush you down the toilet. That's how much you mean to me.

Happy A

No comments:

Post a Comment